Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Poem for Him

The things I would miss
if I were to leave this place,

the smell of each season
fresh and new
when the scent of the other
has grown old and tired,

the feel of the sun on my face,
warmth,
when the wind is cool,

the roar of the waves
charging to attack the shores
only to retreat again,

the taste of fresh berries
sweet and red on my lips
after a long cold winter.

These things I will miss,
but most of all you,
you,
every minute you.

The surprise of your cologne
you seldom wear
the scent that is only you
making my heart stumble,

the feel of your hands
strong and warm
touching me
clearing my head of thoughts

the rumble of your laughter
draws a smile on my lips

the taste of your skin
when my lips meet your neck
and linger.

You are like coming home
to a home I’ve never known.

Are we allowed
to hold our memories
when we go?

These are the things
I would hold
selfishly to my heart
until we meet again.

Waiting for you,
you,
every minute you.

© Michele Markley 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment